Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Sexy Limp

A lot of things about runners could be considered sexy. Our totally awesome legs & butts come to mind first. Most of us marathoners have pretty rockin' abs as well. A sexy limp? Definitely not at the top of my list. In fact, it isn't even on my list of sexy things about runners.

Strange as it sounds, I've been told that I have a sexy limp.

It was on the way home from Grandma's Marathon. We stopped at a gas station, and I shuffled in to buy a Gatorade while my friends pumped gas or waited in the car.

Upon limping back to the car, my buddy Chad's girlfriend Chris announced, "That was really sexy."

An awkward silence followed.

I had to ask, "Uh...what was sexy?"
"Your limp." Chris replied.

She went on to explain that she didn't usually find limping sexy. She knew the cause of my limp (Grandma's Marathon) and thought that it was pretty cool that I ran it, so it became sexy in context.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

I just wish I'd used the sexy limp to my advantage. If Chris thought it was sexy, odds are a few other women would have too. I should have gone out bar hopping... or bar limping, as it were.

No comments: