Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Calling All Bloggers!!

There are a features I want to try to introduce to this blog, and for it to work, I would like to involve as many of you as possible. Here are my thoughts to make this blog more MDRA community-based....

1. Every week (or so), I hope to summarize the upcoming races as well as look at the ones that happened over the previous weekend. Now, Kirt Goetzke I ain't, so I won't be at every race. This is where any of you running bloggers can help. If you ran a race and have a race report you like to share, let me know and I will review and link to it, assuming you pass my two ground rules.
  • This is a family-friendly blog, so the language and content will have to pass a rated G or PG standard. Those of you who know me well may find irony in that I am the gatekeeper in this area.
  • The purpose is to support races and share experiences. If you have a complaint about the race or how it was organized, this is not the forum to do it. I have had a taste of just how much work goes behind the scenes to pull of the humblest of 5ks. It is A LOT of work. I have nothing but respect for the race directors and organizations that hosts our local races.
2. If you find a cool running nugget you think is worth sharing or have a running blog of your own, contact me at Michael.D.NawrockiATgmailDOTcom and I will pass it along on this blog.

With that being said, the next post from me will be about the week that was the week that will be regarding races.

No comments: