Tuesday, October 7, 2008

marathon mania

Has everyone warmed up after running a soggy & cold Twin Cities Marathon? Me neither. Congrats to all the finishers & condolences to those who found the course or conditions too much to overcome. I dropped out at mile 14.5 after not having a thing to drink since mile 9. My hands were so cold I couldn't grab or hold on to cups. Running the last 17 miles with no fluids did not seem like the wisest course of action.

As always, Down the Backstretch has top notch TCM coverage. Check it out.

On behalf of the MDRA board, thank you to everyone who stopped by the MDRA booth at the TCM expo. We love talking shop with other runners. We gave away approximately a zillion bumper stickers. Our sticker contest winner "I can run faster than your honor student" was easily the crowd favorite.

With the marathon behind us, it's time for another contest. Last time we asked for haikus. This time we're looking for your race recap/summary in limerick format. Here's the classic example:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
In space that is quite economical,
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean,
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

There you have it. Email us your answer (runminnesota@gmail.com) by October 31 & we'll pick a winner at the November MDRA meeting. The winner will receive a hat, singlet & bumper sticker prize pack.

Even though I'm not eligible to win, here's my contribution:

I felt fine when we queued at the Dome
At mile 5 I was way in the zone
But after the lakes
My cold hands got the shakes
So I jogged my frozen butt home

No comments: