Thursday, July 19, 2007

pre-race tunes

This time of year, there are a lot of shorter (5K & 10K) races on the calendar. I like to get myself nice & fired up before a short race with some loud music. Race directors are starting to enforce the no headphone rule (good for them!). So in lieu of a running related song of the week, here are my top 5 pre-race tunes in no particular order. This top 5 changes from time to time, so I'll post a new list when my musical mood changes.

1) "Ace of Spades" by Motörhead - Guaranteed to make you bang your head.
2) "Hashpipe" by Weezer - This song gets me pissed, which is weird 'cause Weezer were a bunch of skinny nerds. This song should be played at the highest volume you can possibly tolerate.
3) "I Get Along" by The Libertines - These guys were so good, too bad their lead singer is/was a friggin junkie.
4) "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin - Maybe I like this song because my dad is an immigrant. Maybe I just like the idea of marauding vikings. Or maybe it's because Zep rocks & this song is fast & loud.
5) "Woman" by Wolfmother - An Australian power trio brings delivers the best Zeppelin-influenced rock since, well...Zeppelin. Like the Weezer slong, this should be played at alarmingly high volume.

Anyone out there have a heavy tune they like to rock out to before a race? Leave it in the comments section.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Wherever I may roam - Metallica

Everlong - Foo Fighters