Tuesday, November 11, 2008

contest winners!

Last night the MDRA board voted for our favorite TCM/10 mile limerick. The voting was so close, we're going with a state-mandated recount. Final results should be in by February.

Just kidding.

Two entries were so outstanding that we just couldn't decide & called it a draw. Winning limerick #1 comes to us from Nathan Campeau:

I was running my best of all time
When my bowels woke up and said hi!
Then appeared close to me
A heaven-sent biffee
So I still had a PR at the line!

Poetry about port-a-pottys will always have a special place in my heart. Deep in my heart. The bowels of my heart, if you will.

Winner #2 is a TC10 limerick from Chad Bjugan in Chaska.

Their once was a runner from the west.
Who thought the TC 10 was best.
He tried to stay with Alberto.
But his legs would not go.
And Salazar swatted him away like a pest.

Chad includes this footnote: "Alberto beat me by only 30 seconds. It was funny most of the younger or less informed runners didn't even know who they were running next to."

You may not have bested Alberto, Chad - but your TC10 limerick vanquished all challengers.

Our winners will be receiving MDRA goodies soon. I'm not sure what the next MDRA contest will be, but I'll think of some way to get some shwag in your hands. Keep apprised of future contests here, or on the MDRA Facebook Group.

No comments: