Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Polar Bear Run 11/14

I will not be at the Polar Bear run this weekend, as I will be in the great state of Texas running the half-marathon as part of the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon weekend. I'm excited mostly because I grew up there and it's nice to see family and friends. Plus I'm not in very good shape, so I'll be on the course for quite awhile. The longer I'm out there, the cheaper the dollars per mile rate I end up paying. So that means I'll have more money left over for food and drink. Or does it not worth that way? Anyway, on with the Polar Bear details.

Where was I? Oh yeah, I won't be there, but my partner in crime, Gary Nathan will be there to give directions and guidance.

When: Saturday, November 14, 2009. The run will start at 8 AM. Please arrive a few minutes early for announcements.

Where: Parking lot at Hyland Hills; parking lot entrance drive on the right side of the road after taking a left onto Chalet Road. Please see the Hyland Park directions link below

Distance: 5-8 miles or 8-10 miles. There is an option for a flatter course and fewer miles. Please ask one of the people doing all the talking (Gary or Marty... Marty keeps getting roped into Polar Bear duty. Blame me.) for the flat option.

For Hyland Park directions, click here.

No comments: