Friday, September 28, 2007

celebrity sighting?

I don't know if this counts as a celeb sighting, but I'm pretty sure I saw Mpls mayor (and runner, triathlete & nordic skier) R.T. Rybak yesterday during a lunch hour run. I've seen him xc skiing before (the dude is SMOOTH!) but never running.

However, the guy I saw was really struggling - like totally bonking. I can't imagine my mayor's form looking that bad on a lunch run. So, R.T., if that was you, please take a recovery day today & tomorrow if possible. Maybe bust out the roller skis to cross train a bit. We don't want you to over train and miss your next race...or press conference.

If that wasn't the mayor I saw, there's a runner out there with a bright future as a body double. It would be like the movie "Dave", except the runner guy wouldn't get to kiss Sigourney Weaver.

No comments: