Tuesday, August 21, 2007

i'm falling apart, man.

Getting old is total drag. I turned 29 last week - no big deal. I don't age up for tris until next year, and USATF has me in the open age group for several more years. However, I did a half iron tri Sunday, and I'm still limping! What's up with that? My until-now-typical one day recovery is no longer sufficient! Age is getting to me already.

In other news, the Victrory 10K & 5K is less than two weeks away. If I can walk without a limp by then, I may run it. If not, I'll be on the couch with a cocktail. Speaking of cocktails, the much-hyped Tanqueray Rangpur lives up to the hype. It goes well with tonic. Tonic water contains quinine, which can relieve muscle cramps. Could a gin & tonic be the perfect recovery drink? Probably not, but I've convinced myself otherwise. Pass the limes.

1 comment:

foto said...

Looking forward to you running the Victory...in the mean time I'll have to try the Tanqueray Rangpur. My favorite now is good old Tanquery and Tonic, nice to know it maybe a recovery cocktail or is it mind over matter?