Tuesday, November 27, 2007

i wussed out this morning

I was planning on biking to work this morning. Then I checked the weather & saw this:

4 degrees? Huh? Wasn't it supposed to be 18 overnight? Not to mention the strong wind out of the North West (the direction of my ride to work). So, I wussed out. Maybe I'll man-up and ride tomorrow...just as soon as I find every piece of wool & wind-block clothing I own.

On a related note, here are my all time top three essential items for winter running survival:

Craft Thermal Lobster Glove These suckers will keep your hands warm when the temp is well below zero.

Wind Stop Underwear I just happened to link to a pair from Craft, but I can also vouch for Swix, Helly Hansen & Patagonia. If you are a man who runs in winter, you need these...especially if you plan on having kids.

Smartwool Adrenaline Socks These are warmer & taller than regular Smartwool running socks, but not as bulky as their hiking socks. Everything from Smartwool is money. Buy as much of their clothing as you can. It rules.

No comments: