Update (10:47 p.m.April 22, 2010): I added three new race reports: Running St. Paul, Super Mario Cycling, and a story about the Fools Five from a Rochester tv station.
If you have anything to share with me regarding race results or reports, contact me at michael.d.nawrockiATgmailDOTcom.
April 10, 2010
Run the Valley 5k results 10k results
Dr. Steven Fetzer Memorial 20k and Two Mile Results
Fred Kurz 10 Mile Handicap Race Results
Fools Five 8k Results One Mile Results
Results wanted if available: Minnesota Freeze and JDRF 5k run, Spring Fever 5k Run/Walk, 5k Run for Research, and Camp Wannarunamileormore 10k and Half Marathon.
Running My Own Race (Fred Kurz)
Ramblin Renee (Fetzer's race director, complete report and pictures)
Woooo8's photo album of the Fetzer 20 (747 pictures by my estimate)
Julie's Running Blog (Run the Valley 10k)
Running St. Paul (Run the Valley 5k)
Super Mario Cycling (Fetzer 20k)
Over 2700 Runner Participate in the Fools Five Road Race (news story)
Get in Gear is two weekends away! Normally I love that race because I don't run it. It's the perfect spectating race for me: the course is near my house, it's a distance I don't care to run, and I get to cheer on everyone because I am pretty much the only person not running it.
But this year, because I'm doing the MDRA Grand Prix (and so should you, it's not too late!), so I'll see some of you there. I'll be the bald guy with the beer belly and no muscles in the "slower traffic keep right" lane.
Here's what's on tap for next weekend.
Saturday April 17, 2010
Trail Mix 50k Solo/50k Team, 25k solo (Hyland Park, Bloomington, MN) Link
- 50k solo: $43/$55 (race day). 7 a.m. start.
- 25k solo: $33/$45 (race day). 7:30 a.m. start.
- 50k four person team: $110.00. No race day registration. Registration for teams closes April 15th (on-line). Mail in registration needs to be postmarked Monday April, 12.
- Add $1 if paying by check and $3.09 if paying by credit card.
- The course is through the beautiful and hilly trails of Hyland Park. If you have never run other there, this a great chance to do so. If you are like me, you get lost easily in those trails, so the fact that there is a marked course is helpful.
- The course is a 12.5k loop. I did one loop as part of a team one year and had a lot of fun.
- A great way to get a feel for trail racing and see what the trail running scene is all about.
- If you register by Wednesday: $20 for the 5k, $25 for the 10k. Add $7 for race-day registration.
- Mile fun run as well ($2).
- Both races start at 9 a.m. and mile fun run starts at 10 a.m.
- Proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity.
- 5k at 8:30 a.m. Kids Half Mile at 9:30 a.m.
- $24 if pre-registered ($27.25 to register on-line), $30 for race day registration, and $10/$15 (race day) for the half mile.
- Two loops around Lake Como, so you also have the option to walk/run a 1.55k.
- A plaque is on the line as this race serves as the RRCA State Championship for the 5k.
- 9 a.m. wheelchair start, 9:20 runners start, 9:40 walkers start
- $24 for adults, $9 for students, and a $54 household cap. Also, this appears to be a race you can register for on active.com without being subjected to a fee.
- Proceeds go to the Anoka-Hennepin Education Foundation.
- Children participating receive a free book.
- 8k run, 2 mile run, 1 mile kids run
- $20/$25 (race day) for the 8k or the two mile, $25/$30 (race day) to run both, $5/$8 (race day) for the kids run.
- Click here to register on-line and expect to pay an extra two or three dollars (sliding scale) to do so.
- Based on last year's results, the 8k has a pretty fast field at the top and a nice range of runners throughout.
- This race capped at 1500 runners and is now closed, but I want to recognize the vibrant running scene up in Duluth.
- Plan ahead and think about running this race next year. It sounds like a lot of fun. Racing in downtown Duluth in the spring sounds pretty awesome.
- 1k junior run (Friday 6:00 p.m.), 5k (6:30 p.m. Friday-SOLD OUT), Half Marathon and 20 Mile Challenge (8:30 a.m.).
- Registration closes tomorrow (Monday 4/11). Ooooops. As this blog progresses I will get better at advance posting races that close in early.
- 9 a.m. $20 ($21.63 on-line), $25 race day.
- 10 a.m. you can pitch in for some Earth Day fun and clean up the river/watershed area near the race.
- For those of you who have raced River Road, Nokomis, and Lake Harriet a thousand times, this race offers a unique course through NE Minneapolis, past some historic sites. Click here for a course tour.
- And by "walk" I mean you can choose between a 10 miler, 10k, or 5k run.
- There's not really fire you have to walk on. It's just the name of a race. Proceeds go to the Minnesota State Moorehead athletic department. So all you alumni get out there and support your school and your team.
Sunday April 18, 2010
MDRA Mudball Classic (Wirth Park, Minneapolis, MN) Link #1 Link #2
- Members only race. Free to MDRA members, but you can join MDRA at the race.
- Four mile trail run (10:15 a.m.) and 1/2 mile kids trail run (10:00 a.m.).
- Another no frills, very fun MDRA race for runners of all abilities.
- Great Harvest is bringing the cookies.
- My wife ran this years ago and said the race is a lot of fun. I have learned over the years that my wife is always right.
- Celebrity guest appearance by.... ME!!!!! Will I be a volunteer or a participant? Show up at the race to find out.
- 5k starts at 10:30 a.m. $30/$35 race day. No extra fee for registering on-line.
- Also a kids' 1/2 or 1/4 mile run: 10 a.m. $20/$25 race day.
- As someone who lives in Minneapolis but works in St. Paul, I have equal love for both cities. So as the Twins open their new stadium, how about also paying respect to the team that has been playing outdoors all along? Plus you can race the pig mascot.
- 2 p.m. start. $20/$21.63 (online).
- Free one mile and 200 m race for kids at 1 p.m.
- Proceeds go to Project READ and Step Ahead.
- 5k starts at 9 a.m. $25 ($28.25 to register online). $30 race day.
- 1/2 Mile Kids' Run at 8:45 a.m. $10 ($13.25 to register online). $15 race day.
- Prizes given out if you bring in old running clothes and running shoes to recycle.