Wednesday, March 11, 2009

operators are standing by...

Welcome to day three of our MDRA member drive! Today we'll be sharing some conversation snippets from the MDRA phone bank. Remember, operators are standing by to renew your membership or sign you up as an MDRA member.

----------
Operator: Thank you for calling the MDRA member hot line! How may I help you?

Caller: Yeah, Hi. I'm an MDRA member and I need to renew my membership.

Operator: I can help you with that sir!

Caller: Sweet. Hey do you have any group runs in the East Metro? My running buddies are injured and out of commission for a couple weeks.

Operator: I don't know of an East Metro group run, but you could always look for people to run with on our Facebook group.

Caller: I'll do that. Thanks!

----------
Operator: Thank you for calling the MDRA member drive! How may I help you?

Caller: This is chief of police. We need your help, Batman!

Operator: I'm sorry, sir. You called the wrong number. This isn't the Bat Phone.

----------
Operator: This is the MDRA member drive. How may I help you?

Caller: Hi. I'm a competitive runner and I just moved to Minnesota. Do you guys have a race team? I just finished college & really want to continue racing to stay in shape.

Operator: Absolutely! The MDRA team races the USATF-MN summer race circuit and the fall cross country circuit.

Caller: Killer! I want to join.

----------
Operator: Thank you for calling the MDRA! What can I do for you?

Caller: Hello. I used to be a member, but I took almost a year off from running after my baby was born. Do you have any programs that could get me moving again?

Operator: You're in luck, we have a Beginning Women's Running class starting soon.

Caller: That sounds perfect! Can I still use my MDRA Membership to get a discount on running shoes? I'm going to need some new ones after such a long break.

Operator: Yes, you can still receive a discount on shoes at local running stores.

----------
Operator: Thank you for contacting the MDRA member drive! How can I help you?

Caller: Good day to you, sir! This is the ghost of William Randolph Hearst.

Operator: Uhh...How can I help you?

Caller: I wish to join your organization. I'm quite fond of a good foot-race, you see. However, I do not wish to receive any electronic correspondence. I'm a publisher! Also, Alexander Graham Bell owes me $2.00 and I shall not line his pockets by communicating by tele-phone wires. Do you have news-paper to offer your constituents?

Operator: Well, as an MDRA member you'll receive Run Minnesota magazine and our annual running log/race calendar.

Caller: Bully! I adore the printed word!

Operator: I'll sign you up, sir.

Operator 2: Is that the ghost of William Randolph Hearst again?

Operator: Yeah.

Operator 2: These things were so much easier before he learned how to use a phone.
----------

No comments: