Tuesday, February 26, 2008

strike a pose

MDRA runner Chris threw a funny story our way. It's both entertaining & cautionary...like an after-school special from back in the day.

"So, I'm out running fairly late in the evening the other day, and run through a construction zone in the total dark (I know, not too bright. get it?) and zigged when i shoulda zagged. I stepped through about a foot or so of what I assumed was mud. Well, it was an unholy mix of snowmelt and leftover wet concrete. I just wanted to get out of there and get home, but I only managed about 3 or 4 steps before I froze up completely like Tom and Jerry and fell over in a running pose. Disgusting stuff."

Let that serve as a warning to you, runners. Running through wet concrete, while hilarious, is ill-advised.

No comments: