Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another TCM recap

There was another writeup on the heat at the TCM in the Star Tribune.

The author wonders if marathons have become to inclusive. Hell yeah they are! With a 6 hour time limit, you can walk like a 13:43 per mile pace & finish in time. That's hardly running a marathon. Wasn't the old City of Lakes marathon an event with a 4 hour time limit? If you know, put it in the comments.

Bring back the 4 hour (or at least a 5 hour) time limit, I say. Put the run back in running a marathon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The running community would sure be alienating a lot of runners if there was a 4 or even 5 hour time limit on marathons. I'd like to think I worked and trained just as hard as the faster runners and I'm proud of finishing in 5 1/2 hours. I hope MDRA is supportive of runners of all abilities.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Renee. Let's keep the sport open to everyone, regardless of abilities.

Which would you rather have: slower marathon times or more fat people afraid to exercise?

Some of us turned to running to lose weight, and will never be superstars. But we're still here, having fun anyway.