Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Polar Bear Run 11/21

I spent the weekend in Texas, so to come home to frost on my windshield Monday morning really made things around feel like winter around here. But, things aren't truly Polar Beary around here until the snow hits the ground. So, surprise theme here, we are headed out for some trails this Saturday.

I may or may not run. While in Texas, I ran the half marathon as part of the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon. It was hot. It was humid. And the race was pretty expensive. So the only way for me to get my money's worth was to be out on the course as long as possible. A slower time = less dollars spent per minute running. So I went out and set a PW for the half marathon.

So my legs are beat up and I have some blisters that need to heal. If they do, I'll run. But either way, I'll be there and I hope all of you do make it for the run. Here are the details:

WHEN: Sat 11/21 at 8 am sharp
WHERE: Minnesota River trail
DIRECTIONS: 35W to 106 St.
East on 106 St. to Lyndale Ave.
South on Lyndale down a steep hill to parking lot.
From the lot, run right onto the trail.
ROUTE/DISTANCE: These trails run along the river. I recommend you run for time. Find a crew of runners with your pace and time. If you are uncertain of which group you should run with, come to me before the run and I'll help locate some friendly runners who run your pace.

Hope to see you Saturday.

No comments: