Friday, June 27, 2008

motor mouths

It's been a good year for people yelling stuff from cars. A lot of drivers must think runners are interested in their opinions. The comments I hear the most are "Run Forrest, Run!" - a true classic - and "Get a car!"

I hear 'get a car' mostly from redneck-ish guys in big pickup trucks, usually when I'm biking. There's often a "Git-R-Done" sticker & some NASCAR memorabilia in the back window. I can't figure out why they don't yell "Get a truck". Maybe I'm not macho enough for a big truck. You've got to be really tough to get 12 miles per gallon while wearing a Def Leppard T-shirt with the sleeves torn off.

However, MDRA office manager Heidi heard the best vehicle to exerciser taunt ever while biking this week;

"The other day I was riding and hear some car start to slow down and pull up near me. I start to think, now what (as it has been that kind of summer) and this kid rolls down his window and shouts "my girlfriend is HOT!" Okay....she was in the passenger seat. Guess he just wanted someone to know."

Wuh... just, wow. Amazing.

No comments: